The Centre has been set up to provide for the following –
- Promote research in the field of Logistics, Supply Chain & Materials Management, which is of significance in the twenty first century.
- Enroll and guide researchers to carry out quality research assignments leading to award of Fellowship in Materials Management/Supply Chain Management.
- Provide linkages between academics, business and the industry professionals of purchasing and supply.
- Design research projects in line with the industrial needs.
- Organize active participation of Materials Managers in the industry towards designing research/ study for advancement in the field of materials management.
- Take up industrial research project work / consultancy and MDP’s in Materials Management (including in-house) for developing world-class materials management system.
- To render professional support to industries in problem solving projects, development activities, trouble shooting in Materials Management / Supply Chain Management, systematize materials control for effective management of the total supply chain, etc.